- On 12th and 13th April the Dog Union attended its first All About Dogs show at Peterborough
Showground and it will be present at a number of these events throughout the summer.
- During April the Dog Union together with DogLost, Vets Get Scanning and Pet Theft
formed the Stolen and Missing Pets Alliance (SAMPA) to lobby MPs on microchipping,
missing and stolen pets’ issues.
- From the 14th March to 21st March, the Dog Union together with VioVet ran Pet Theft
Awareness Week 2014. An event that reached thousands on social media as well as encouraging
features on TV and radio.
- On 25th March, the Dog Union presented its survey: Open Shows – The Future to the
Kennel Club Dog Show Promotion working Party.
- In February the Kennel Club provided substantial funding for the Dog Union’s show
stand and promotional literature.
- The e-petition run by Pet Theft ended in February and had over 13,600 signatures
triggering a response from the Home Office. This has now been brought by the Dog
Union to the attention of the Chairman of APGAW who has passed it to the canine working
- On 6th February, Arnot Wilson, Director of the Dog Union attend the RCVS Stakeholder
Open Day. On the agenda were the proposals for the new Royal Charter, the development
of the Practice Standards Scheme and the call for evidence on 24/7 emergency cover.
- In November the Dog Union ran its Puppy Buying Awareness Week which was kindly supported
by Marc Abraham, the funky vet. This will again be run in November 2014.
- The Dog Union is an active member of the Advisory Parliamentary Group for Animal
- The Dog Union continues to procure attractive discounts for its members from a number
of companies including VioVet, the leading internet veterinary medication retailer